Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Poetry Resources

As I was writing my entry on Hailstones and Halibut Bones I realized my English Literature page lacked poetry resources. I decided to give poetry its own page and started collecting resources.

Academy of American Poets

Diamonte

Guidelines for Ten Poems

How to Write a Cinquain




Poetry Reading Strategies

Poetry Scavenger Hunt

Poetry Vocabulary

Poetry Writing with Jack Prelutsky

Poetry Writing with Karla Kuskin

PoetryTeachers.com

Primary Resources

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Bailey! Great list of sites. We love the Poetry for Young People series, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great resources here - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I just found one today, FanStory.com which is poetry and writing. Lots of contests and ideas floating around there. I have a lot of poetry, it comes easy for me. I just have no idea what to do with it. I was just thinking this morning how I really need to use the resources I have and get moving on it.

    ReplyDelete