Monday, November 9, 2009

GED Resources



UPDATE: Massachusetts and several other states have switched from the GED to the HiSet exam do to the current increase in cost of the GED exam. I am leaving the GED page as many states still use it and many of these resources may prove to help with the new test, too. However, I started a new page for the new test here.

I recently had a request for information on taking the GED test and free resources for studying for the exam. I decided to create a post for others who are also looking for places to get free assitance with the exam. Read more...

I would suggest researching all leads prior to using them. Those that required registration prior to using them I did not register. If I felt it was a good lead I listed it with a notation that I did not register.

Taking the Test:

Find a Test Center Link

Test Centers by State

Texas Testing Centers


Test Prep:

4 Tests GED Practice Test

Free Practice Test there is a paid version, but they offer a shorter version free

GED for Free
This site requires registration and I did not register.

GED Prep
Practice activities and scoring charts.

Learning Trends
Free Worksheets and Flashcards

PBS GED Connection
Registration Required

Steck Vaughn Free Test Practice

Study Guide Zone
Information and questions for each section no registration.

Test Preview
Offers overview of the test and practice tests no registration.

Subject Specific:

Algebra Help

Shoreline Community College Grammar

Shoreline Community College Math Prep GED Resources

Shoreline Community College Reading Resources GED Prep

Shoreline Community College Writing GED Prep





Picture Credits: taliesin

1 comment: