Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Edward Stratemeyer the Man Behind Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys

I was a huge fan of the Bobbsey Twins, later Nancy Drew and even read some of my brother's Hardy Boy books as a child. As a teenager, I was amazed to find that Laura Lee Hope, Carolyn Keene, and Franklin W. Dixon were not real authors. The books were published under Edward Stratemeyer's syndication. In fact, there have been times when Nancy Drew had a male author.

As I talk with family and friends, I find there are many people who are still not aware of this, so I thought I would publish a blog with some resources for those who are interested in learning more.

Franklin W. Dixon

The History of Nancy Drew

Who was Carolyn Keene? An interview with Mildred Wirt Benson, the Original Ghostwriter for the Nancy Drew Mystery Novels.

Who Wrote the Bobbsey Twins?

No comments:

Post a Comment