Monday, January 24, 2011

Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones


The library copy of Alcatraz Versus The Scrivener's Bones was available and I was finally able to finish it last night. The family reviews of the sequel were wonderful. Some of the online reviews more critical regarding the quality of the book. Therefore, I was unsure as I approached the novel what to think.

I have been listening to Alcatraz Versus The Evil Librarians on CD during my workouts. Charlie McWade brings Alcatraz alive and the story even more interesting than it was when I first read it. I have carried that voice into the reading of the second book.

There is definitely continuity between the first novel and the second. In fact, the main character is highly critical of those who skip the first novel and jump to the sequel. While the author reveals more information about the mystery surrounding the family and the mission, he presents new mysteries. The intentions of all the characters are not clear leading into the third book.

I was able to pick up the third novel from the library. The final novel needs to be reserved so I can pick it up. There still is no information available regarding the final novel. Talks seem to have broken down between Scholastic and the author. Perhaps if there is enough demand, talks will resume.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment