Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love Your Local Library


My local library came through again yesterday as the sequel Alcatraz Versus The Scrivener's Bones arrived only a day after I requested it.

The irony of all of this is this is a series about the evil librarians in our dimension suppressing all knowledge of the other dimension written about in this series. Yet, I find librarians seem to love the series. They also tell me they have Alcatraz Versus The Evil Librarians the audio CD in as well. Now I can listen to the audio version during my torture, rather workout sessions. I should be done with Salem's Lot by the end of next week. Since the Agatha Christie and the Alcatraz, books are much shorter I should have no trouble meeting my deadlines.

I am interested to see if this series lives up to the expectations my family has set.

As for the library, I love online reserve. It is so helpful in getting the books I am interested in with the least amount of hassles. In return, I try to support the library by dropping off books there for their book sales to support the services provided by the Friends of the Library. They have lost quite a few of their donations to the book bins in the area, not all of which go to charities.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment