Monday, November 28, 2011

Sturbridge Village Christmas by Candlelight

I love Christmas and I am always looking for fun ways to get my family out to do Christmas events. I heard about Christmas by Candlelight at Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts and decided this was on our must see list for the holiday season.

I am afraid I have not discovered any discounts for the event yet, but I will update this post if I find any. The event uses the Sturbridge Village setting to provide guests with a historical holiday experience. There are many family friendly events listed on their website. With the warmer weather I am not sure we will get to experience the sleigh ride for our visit, if it snows for the later dates, they do offer sleigh rides as part of the package.

The dates and times for the events are listed below. Check with the website for any changes or updates.
Christmas by Candlelight
December 2 - December 4
December 9 - 11
December 16 - 18
Friday, Saturday & Sunday Evenings
4:00 PM-9:00 PM
The price does vary depending on the days you choose to visit.
Friday & Sunday* ~ $12 OSV Members, $14 Non-members
Saturday ~ $13 OSV Members, $15 Non-members

We also made a reservation at the Oliver Wright Tavern for dinner. You can find out more about that by visiting their website.

We are looking forward to our visit. I will post a review after we have a chance to explore the event.

3 comments:

  1. I so love going to do Christmas stuff too! I hope you get to go to this. Post pictures if you can! I'd love to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! I love Christmas time :)

    I have always wanted to go on a sleigh ride, hopefully it is warm enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas stuff too. We are fortunate that we live by a town that has beautiful, free things to do. Our big thing we did last year, and will do again this year, is a small town has a train and they do their own Polar Express. It is the actual train and company the movie used to model their trains and such. Its an awesome trip to the North Pole to see Santa. There is a lot included, too. Worth every penny, especially to see the kids get excited.

    ReplyDelete