Monday, August 20, 2012

The Gingerbread Pirate




Lately I have been doing quite a bit of crocheting that involves gingerbread men and pirates. When I saw the title, The Gingerbread Pirates I knew I needed to borrow the library's copy to decide if it was worth purchasing.

This story does not follow the traditional gingerbread tale like the The Library Gingerbread Man I previously reviewed. This story is about a family tradition of making cookies to leave for Santa. As the boy in this story is going through a pirate phase, he chooses to make pirate gingerbread cookies and saves the captain from being eaten by taking him to bed with him.

This is one brave pirate cookie. Hearing horrifying tales of a scary cookie eater, he vows to rescue his men. His meeting with Santa and Santa's gift to him and his men makes this a very sweet Christmas story. I will be looking for a copy for this year's Christmas box, as pirates are still big.

No comments:

Post a Comment