Monday, July 30, 2012

65 Short Mysteries You Solve With Science




One Minute Mysteries: 65 Short Mysteries You Solve With Science! has the format I was hoping to find when I reviewed One Minute Mysteries: 65 Short Mysteries You Solve with Math! previously.

Instead of short word problems, these are engaging stories that require some knowledge of science to answer the mystery or solve the problem in the story. As a bonus, the answers are not provided on the same page, the reader must turn the page to get the answer. This does provide a chance for the reader to think before being told the solution. This book was the first of the two to be published so I am not sure why the format changed when they wrote the math book. Perhaps the writers were stronger in science than math and found the stories easier to write.

I am putting the science book on my Christmas list of books to purchase. I was pleasantly surprised after being so disappointed in the math one.




No comments:

Post a Comment