Wednesday, June 13, 2018

See and Sew



See and Sew: A Sewing Book for Children is a craft book designed to teach children how to hand sew.

The book begins with an introduction to the tools of the trade, giving child and parent ideas about what types of tools and materials are needed to begin to learn to sew. The suggestions are practical and a good introduction to a basic understanding of materials.

The book continues on with basic sewing and embroidery stitches, before moving on to buttons and trims. The pictures and descriptions were quite useful and I found there were a couple things I found helpful with my doll donation projects. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to review your early techniques.

The book continues with projects and the final chapter is on finishes and trims. The tassel directions were particularly helpful for a graduation project I'm making.

This is a nice book to have on hand as your child is learning to sew as a reference. I've given this as a gift to family members interested in beginning sewing. The patterns for sewing cards were particularly useful.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great book! I have been teaching my boys how to sew basic stitches and simple things like sewing on a button. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love to Learn. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete